"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Monday, June 7, 2010

Update From the Country!



Greetings and blessings to you from the country! I pray you had a restful week-end. And I pray that our Lord and Savior made Himself evident in your lives.

My week-end was fairly busy. Friday I got to visit with my dear friend, Mary. That was a wonderful time. We hadn't seen each other in about 14 years, so we had a lot of catching up to do! I showed her the chickens. I even caught a few of them for her so she could pet them. She got to see the pheasants in the house. And we had spaghetti for dinner. It was a good time all in all.

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day here in Forest Grove. The sun was shining and it was nice and warm. It was perfect for weeding the garden. I spent a good three to four hours out there. Then I not only got a blister on my hand, but it broke, so, I had to call it quits for the day. I still have a couple of rows left to weed. 

I did ride my quad around the trails here on the property. It was the first time I rode it since my husband and I took a spill on his. So it was a bit scary at first. I just rode the easy trails and took it nice and slow. I was experimenting with shifting though and got myself in a little of trouble.... to shift to higher gears you push the shift lever up with your foot. To shift down you push the lever down. Well, I was going through some especially muddy area (lots of fun!) and instead of shifting down I was shifting up and well..... I went around the corner on three wheels yelling, "Help me, help me... I'm going to fast!" By the time I got shifted down to first gear again I was stuck, in the mud. But it was fun. I got it out of the mud hole and was back on the trail again!

Sunday was a wet and raining day. That was a bit disappointing, especially after such a beautiful day Saturday. So, even though we didn't do much, (I did laundry while my dear husband took a nap) I did get to rest. I have been having a lot of pain and numbness in my hands and wrists and arms due to the carpel tunnel. Saturday working in the garden took its toll on me. 

We did manage to get the seed potatoes in the ground yesterday. So that was a good thing. It did it in between the rain showers. There are now about 30 little hills in the garden with seed potato in them. I pray they do good. 

I am praying for a bountiful harvest. I want to be able to give many vegetables away to families in need here. The fruit trees are loaded with fruit, so I will also be able to give fresh apples and plums, as well. I also am praying for good egg-laying chickens. What a blessing for those who can't afford to buy eggs. They are almost too much for me to pay for! 

We still need tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, onion (if I can find some seed onion) and a few other vegetables. I also still need to get more hoses (4) and sprinklers to attach to the hoses, to water the garden, when it isn't raining! 

Oh, may the Good Lord bless the garden and chickens so I may bless others with the harvest. 

REMINDER: This is the last week to enter the drawing for "The Heart Mender" by Andy Andrews. So be sure to go to my blog www.latawniakreviews.blogspot.com and enter. Sunday, June 13, 2010 is the last day. I will be announcing the winner Monday June 14, 2010 and getting the book into mail as soon as the winner sends me his/her snail mail address. So get your name in the drawing!

Well my friends and family, it is time for me to go. I must get ready for work. Please keep me in your prayers as I keep you in mine. May the good Lord bless you and keep you and yours until that Day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment