"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Update From the Country!




Greetings to all of you from the country! I pray your Memorial week-end was a blessed time for you and your family. 

And another Happy Birthday to my dear friend, Mary. She celebrated her 50-something birthday this past Sunday. I don't know if she wanted me to broadcast how old, I mean young she is now, so I will just say 50-something. She is the oldest one of us girls that hung together when our kids were growing up. The four of us were single mothers with small children and we would laugh, cry, babysit, shop, just about everything, we did together. We are still all close friends, only miles have kept us apart. But now that I am back in Oregon, we are getting back together, as our busy grown-up schedules allow. How I have missed my girlfriends!

My darling husband had a wonderful surprise for me when I got home from work Sunday night. (Yes, I had to work this past holiday week-end.) He got the camper all ready for us to "camp" in that night. He even changed the sheets on the bed! There was a fire going in the fire pit in front of the camper and a couple of chairs waiting for us to sit in. The canopy was extended to shelter us from the rain while we sat at the fire. It was wonderful, even with the rain. 

The Lord has answered a prayer for me over the week-end. My oldest daughter had cut herself away from the family over a year ago. It has been a grievous time for me. She opened a Face Book account this week-end and when I found out, I asked her to accept me "as a friend." She did! So, even though we aren't "talking" yet, it is the first step in the right direction. I am praying for complete restoration with her. And I am praying that she will recommit her life to our Lord. Please keep her in your prayers.

The garden is doing well, in spite of all of the rain we have been receiving. It has been unusually wet and cold this spring. I am hoping for some sun over this week-end so I can plant my seed potatoes. My dear husband did get the extra water lines put in. Now we need to get the sprinklers in. Not that is any rush right now. It will take a good week of pure sunshine to begin to dry out the garden!

The chickens are doing well. They like their little house. They even have a couple of bent chairs to roost on. We still have to make them some nesting boxes. One of the hens wants to nest in the food dispenser. Silly hen!

The two pheasants that have survived are doing well, also. They are still in my living room since I still have to make a new house for them. I was going to put them with the chickens but I think they will fight. 

Since this is my third time in trying to get this blog completed ( I've been having internet connection problems) I think I am going to close this for now. I do hope that you all have a wonderful rest of the week.

Please leave me a message and let me know how you are doing! I do enjoy hearing from you. And let me know what you think about having a prayer page.... It will be a page that I can post prayer requests on, so we can pray for each other. Let me know what you think, if it would be something you would like to participate in.

Oh, one more thing.... If you have a crazy schedule like I do and want to join a Bible Study, but can't find the time because of your schedule.... Check out the Women's Bible Study Cafe. I just joined it and we are going to study the book of Ruth. (One of my favorites!) The study begins June 22, 2010. So just click on the link and join the group!

Also, don't forget to enter the drawing for "The Heart Mender" by Andy Andrews. The drawing will close June 13, 2010. There has been a good response so far. That is exciting!

Until we meet again.... 

"The Lord bless you and keep you: the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26




No comments:

Post a Comment