"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Bible Study 3 Starts Today! | Bible Cafe

This is a couple of my responses to the questions from our first day of bible study. I am so excited to be involved with this study! And YES I will continue the first one on the Green Pastures page. So please look for it. Hmmmm.... I think I will title it "Where My Eyes Take Me."

Summer Bible Study 3 Starts Today! | Bible Cafe: "Judges 21:25 - The danger that lies in doing what is right in our own eyes, is that we don't 'see' the necessity in staying close to our Great Shepherd. A sheep will see a patch of tempting grass on the other side of some broken rocks and will scramble after it, not realizing or recognizing that his/her shepherd has already led him to the best place to feed. Instead the sheep will go somewhere that is dangerous, causing her to get into trouble and possible injury, leaving herself open for an enemy to attack her; being separated from the rest of the sheep. (Oh boy, I could continue this, perhaps I shall on my blog!)"

Jeremiah 17:7-14 - How I love this passage! Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord! Such a contrast to the one who does right in his own sight. Whose hope is the Lord, no guess work here. The one who does right in his own sight is being lead by his heart which is deceitful and desperately wicked. But the one who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is the Lord will be blessed beyond measure. He will be able to say, "For You are my praise." Those who follow their own way will end up with nothing and will be ashamed. Oh Lord, let me be the one who can say, "For You are my praise."

This is going to be a wonderful study. I sure pray you all got to sign up for it. I am expecting to see the Lord do some changes in my heart and life. May we all be changed by His marvelous Word of life.


I will write more later, my friends and family. Until then, may our Good Lord bless you and keep you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment