"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Weekly Update



Hello everyone! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week-end. Belated Happy Mother's Day to all of those who are mothers....whether you are natural mothers, foster, step, adopted... etc. 

The picture above is some apple blossoms on the apple trees down in the garden. The trees were loaded with blossoms this year. So I am praying for a good harvest this fall. 

Mother's Day was a bit tough for me. I think it can be one of those holidays that is hard for a lot of women, especially those who have suffered loss or are dealing with children or mothers who are physically or mentally sick or unwell. 

My mother died back in 1998, so even though it has been some years, I still miss her. My only natural child has walked out of my life. It has been a year since I have seen or heard from her and my granddaughters. 

But the Lord has blessed me in giving me a wonderful step-mother and a mother-in-law, whom I love, and three great step-children with children of their own to love. 

So was Sunday an emotional day for me? Yes. Through it all I counted my blessings and thanked the good Lord for all that He has given me. 

My poor husband though, just didn't quite know what to do.... so he went out and tilled the garden, again. The Lord bless him. 

While he was re-tilling the garden I planted corn. We have four rows of corn now. I no sooner got it planted when the rain started. It was a gentle rain, so the corn was gently watered. Thank you Lord.

I still have more planting to do. I believe, should the weather cooperate, I will plant some more vegies Friday. That is my day off. Saturday I have some family to see, so I will be gone all day. Going to surprise my baby sister!

Well, it's that time when I have to get ready for work. I pray all of you have a blessed week.

Don't forget to go over to the review site and enter the drawing for a free copy of "The Heart Mender."

God bless you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment