"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

UPDATE FROM THE COUNTRY!



Greetings and blessings to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! I pray all of you are safe and sound on this "fall" day that feels more like the middle of winter! It's 23 degrees outside right now as I am writing this. I'm thankful to be home and not driving on the icy roads. I did call my job and tell them I wouldn't be there due to the road conditions. The streets in town might get sanded but my road sure doesn't and since it's got a creek on one side and a ditch on the other.... I figured I would just stay safe at home. My job is not worth my life. 


Have you ever had a moment when you said, "What happened here?" Of course you have. Well, I had one of those moments just a few minutes ago. I went into my articles to so I could finish my Lighthouse Honeymoon story and the story is gone! Now how that happened I don't know... But I have to start all over again and that's frustrating. 


Okay, I just went outside to check on the chickens... their door is frozen shut! Uh oh! I'll have to wait until my sweetheart gets home to get it open. But they seem to be doing good. I couldn't see if they had layed any eggs but they were talkative! 


I got the dogs to go outside in spite of the icy conditions. They weren't out real long.... just long enough to do their thing!


We have a dusting of snow on the property accompanied by a lot of ice. My sweetheart did put a heat lamp under the pump that pumps the water into the house. But if the pump down at the spring freezes then all the water we have is what's in the tank. May everything keep working and not freeze!


The wood stove is going full blast... I keep adding wood to it to keep it warm in here. It should be nice and toasty when all of the family shows up Thursday. With the added body heat and the oven going we should be just fine!


Okay, it's taking me longer to write this because I'm watching Christmas with the Kranks. I keep cracking up! It is soooooo funny!


I decided to put some of our pictures from our honeymoon into a slide show..... That way you can see some of the great things we got to see. I hope you enjoy it.




I'm going to close this for now. I will write again later. I pray all of you will have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. 

And don't forget to give thanks to the Lord for all of His goodness and mercy and grace during this Thanksgiving holiday.


Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.







No comments:

Post a Comment