"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Thursday, November 18, 2010

UPDATE FROM THE COUNTRY!





Greetings and blessings to all of you this day! I thought I would stop by and say a little something while I had a moment to do so.


The Holiday season is upon us, whether we are ready or not. This can be and is a difficult time for most people. For me, it's been difficult since my mother died in 1998. But, I do want to take the time today to talk about what all I am thankful for, because I have been blessed.


I am thankful to my Lord and Savior for His continued presence in my life. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for my job, in spite of the trouble. 


I am thankful for my dear husband, whom I dearly love. I am thankful for my children, they are a joy to me, even when they break my heart. I thank the Lord for Richard, Minyon, Jennifer, and Nathan. I thank the Lord for all of the grandchildren they have given me. I thank the Lord for Trinity, Izzy, Lily-Ann, Haley J'Lynn, Alizebeth, Logan, and soon to be with us, Abigail Rose. I thank the Lord for the grandchildren I haven't met yet because they live elsewhere. But I still love them.


I thank the Lord for bringing me back to my beloved Oregon, to the beautiful Pacific Northwest, especially Forest Grove. 


I thank the Lord for my in-laws, Dad and Mom Kintz. They are truly a blessing for me. I have always loved them and it's a joy to know they love me as well.


I am thankful that my baby brother is able to join us for Thanksgiving dinner with his girlfriend and the gentleman they care for. 


I am thankful for so much that for me to complain about anything is terrible. So therefore I won't complain. I will be thankful.


I won't complain that the roof is leaking, I am thankful that I have a roof. I won't complain that I hit my thumb with a hammer while hanging pictures, I am thankful I have walls to hang pictures on and pictures to hang.


I won't complain about having to stack wood my hard-working husband has split. I am thankful to have the wood to heat my house with and keep me warm.


All in all I have nothing to complain about. But I have so much I am thankful for. I can't help but miss my mother, but my heart is full knowing I will spend this Christmas season with my dear mother-in-law. I can't help but miss my daughter, Minyon and her daughters, Lily-Ann and Haley. But I am blessed to have Jennifer and Randall and Trinity and Izzy. Not to mention Richard and Crystal and Alizabeth. And last but not least, Nathan. Minyon and the girls are in Arizona. And I pray they will have a good Thanksgiving and Christmas in spite of our being separated. 


I am also so very blessed to being married to Calvin, who is the love of my life. Though we have only been back together for almost a year, after a 30 plus year separation, this is the marriage I have always wanted, with the man I have always loved. He makes being married easy. He makes loving him easy too. The Lord has blessed me with a truly loving husband. One who puts others before himself, one who protects his family without controlling the family. One who loves me even when I'm silly. 


So I am going to close this today by saying....


Thank you Lord for all that you have done and all of the blessings you have bestowed upon me, who is worthy of none of them. May I always be thankful for all You have done for me.


And I pray that all of you, my family and friends, that you will take the moment this time to thank the Lord for the many blessings He has bestowed upon you. 


And together with me, let us thank Him for the greatest gift of all, the gift of His precious and only Son, Jesus the Christ. For that is the reason for the Christmas season.... Emmanuel, God with us, the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us. The Perfect Lamb, The One Who for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Col 1:16 NASB) 


Let us thank Him and seek His face and see His glory in all that He has done and is doing and is going to do in our lives.


Giving Him all of the glory, honor, blessings for He is King of kings and Lord of Lords. He is the One who reigns upon the throne. Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment