"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Update From the Country!



Greetings to all of you, my family and friends, near and far. My prayer is that the Lord has blessed you and continues to bless each one of you, in Jesus name.

I must confess that this is a difficult month for me. My mother, who has gone to be with the Lord, and my oldest daughter, who isn't speaking to me still, have birthdays this month, along with my daughter's youngest daughter. So, it has me a bit sad and blue. Yet, at the same time, it is the month that my husband and youngest son celebrate their birth, so it's a happy time, as well.

Ok, ok, it's a bit of a rollercoaster, emotionally. I miss my mother, though she has been gone for 12 years. She became my dearest friend and I miss talking with her. I miss her wisdom and insight. But I know I will see her again, one day. I miss my daughter. I continue to pray for her and her children. And I ask all of my praying family and friends to continue to pray for her and the girls (Lily-Ann and Haley) as well. I received some disturbing information recently that has me on my knees.

We celebrated my son Nathan's birthday this past weekend. It was a wonderful time. My sister Colleen and her husband Roy came down from Washington to help us celebrate. My sister is so silly! We had lots of laughing and fellowshiping that day.

She wanted to hold a chicken, so I took her into the chicken house so she could catch one. (It's not as easy as you think! It took her a minute or two!) She finally caught one and was just estatic! Silly city girl (hehehehehehe). I still get excited about my chickens.... I did catch my favorite one for her to hold. Colleen had a good time in the hen house!

We showed them the sawmill. They were dutifully impressed (teeheehee). It's still a work in progress, but it's progressing more. Calvin has gotten the carriage on it. He even put a log on it, it does look quite impressive. I will show you some pics next time I write. He hasn't downloaded them yet.

We took a walk around the property and we talked and talked and talked. Now the guys (Calvin, Nathan and Roy) were making fun of Colleen and I. I don't understand why. We only look alike and sound alike and we laugh alike. The fellas had quite a laugh!

Calvin's parents came up for the party and so did Nathan's sister and family. Our good friends and neighbors come up as well. So we had quite a number of people here for cake and ice cream. It was a good time to be had. I hated to see it end. But Roy and Colleen had a ways to drive back home and it was getting late. I did make sure they got some produce from the garden to take home. And she brought my dear husband and I a blanket she crocheted. (It fit the bed perfectly!)

I was glad the weather cooperated. It wasn't too chilly nor was it hot. We did experience a bit of sprinkling.... but overall, it was decent weather. Not necessarily typical August weather in the Pacific Northwest.... but nice.

We have been having a bit of a cool spell lately, weather-wise. But the weather people have assured us that we will experince some summer weather this week. We are expected to get into the high 80's and lower 90's. I just hope it will be nice and warm for my sweetheart's birthday. It's the 21st, and we are going to have family over again, for it. Now if I remember to call everyone, that will be good!

I remember the year my daughter was born, it was the hottest summer this area had experienced in years. The weather people keep referring to it when they talk about what's going on now with the summer weather.

It's hard thinking about my husband's birthday without thinking about Minyon's. She was born the same date as he was. So, it's a bittersweet day for me, right now. I pray for the day when we can celebrate both of their birthdays together. What a blessing that will be. Until then, I thank the Good Lord for my beloved husband and I pray for my baby girl.

Well, I did get my sweetheart a birthday present... it's a ........ Surprise! I can't tell you what it is, in case he reads this. You will have to find out later. I sure hope he likes it. He really needed some new socks and underwear... Oooops! I told! Or did I?

The garden is doing well. But, I have a problem gopher that is being difficult to get rid of. And something has decided my green beans are delicious because they are eating them right to the ground. If it's the deer, and I already told them this, they are going to be dinner on my table yet! I went out there yesterday and found half of them gone!

The corn is alreay producing baby corn! How exciting! And the apples are just about ready to pick! One of the trees has good, sweet apples on it already, even though they aren't completely ripe yet. The squash has blossoms and the rest of the garden is flourishing! I thank the Lord for such good harvest.

Some other news.....

On my book review site LaTawnia Kintz Reviews I have a drawing taking place. Those who enter have an opportunity to win one of two books. So be sure to go over there and enter. There are some rules to the drawing (of course) and if you want to try for both books, you can do that as well. They are both good books.

I also just posted a book review on a Bible study. So go check that out as well. If you are looking for a Bible study, this might be of interest to you.

In closing....

I pray the week is filled with blessings for you. I pray that the week-end is a time to relax and have quality time with your family. And I pray that each one of you will be kept safe by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

"Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 John 5:5 (NKJV)




No comments:

Post a Comment