"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Sunday, May 1, 2011

UPDATE FROM THE COUNTRY!





Greetings to all of you, my friends and family!

I pray the Lord has blessed you and your family this past week. I am praying for those who live in the southern part of our country that have been hit with all of the tornadoes. Please remember them in your prayers as well.

We have been experiencing some rather cool and wet weather this spring. I had hoped to get the garden tilled by now. But perhaps that will happen this week. My sister in Woodland had some rain and snow mix the 28th of this month. It's a little late in the year for that.... but... what can we say? Wait 15 minutes and the weather will change here. It is a gorgeous day today. I have been in and out all day and have been airing out the house. Beautiful sunshine and warmer temperatures make for a lovely Sunday afternoon.

The chickens are enjoying this beautiful day as well. They have been laying eggs every day and so we are enjoying yummy farm fresh eggs and sharing them with everyone we know. 

I hope you all have had an opportunity to visit my new blog page Still Waters. I have been posting updates on Christians around the world who deal with persecution. Also you will find bible teachings from me and other people. There are also some links to some great sites. So go on over there and check it out. Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were there!

On my book review site, LaTawnia Kintz Reviews, there is a new post and contest. It's called Mother of Pearl. Read it and be sure to enter the contest for the opportunity to win a hand-strung pearl necklace. The Pearlgirls is a collaboration of women who write stories about the grace of God and a place where you can purchase books and other items. The proceeds from the sale of their items go to benefit a safe house in Chicago for women, and women and children with AIDS in Africa. 

As we prepare for the week before us, I ask that you remember the Wilkerson family, in prayer. Reverend David Wilkerson was killed in a car accident and last I heard his wife, Gwen was still in the hospital. Reverend Wilkerson was the founder of Teen Challenge, the author of many books including The Cross and The Switchblade and Hear the Trumpet Blow. He also was the senior pastor of Times Square Church, in New York City, New York. He will be greatly missed by our brothers and sisters in New York and across the world. However, we know that he is now in the presence of our holy and loving Lord. 

Remember also, the families who are dealing with the aftermath of all of the tornadoes. If you feel you want to help them, Samaritans Purse is a great organization to work with. Click on the link and see where you might help.


Keep a look out for more bible teachings on Still Waters and book reviews on LaTawnia Kintz Reviews. I will be posting on both sites this week.


Until we meet again, I pray the Lord will keep each and every one of you safe in His arms. Have a blessed week and please don't forget to pray for me! 


Praising the Lord,


Because He lives!




No comments:

Post a Comment