"My heart is overflowing with a good theme;" Psalm 45:1a

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update From the Country!




Greetings in the name of the Lord to all of you!

I pray you had a wonderful week-end and as you are preparing for the upcoming week-end you will be blessed.

This has been a difficult week for me thus far, for some reason. I seem to be playing catch- up and I am not getting caught up! I am behind in my bible study, book reviewing, gardening, house cleaning, and sleep!

My dear husband had been sick with some type of virus at the beginning of this week. He is finally feeling better now. But it did make him take to the bed for a day and a half. That is so not like him. 

I am thankful for the warm weather we are having. I feel like my bones are finally thawing out. This weather is reminiscent of Arizona in the Spring with a little more humidity thrown in, of course!

The chickens and pheasants are doing well. We still have to finish the chicken house, but they are doing well. They should be laying eggs here soon. Hmmmmmm..... yummy..... fresh eggs!

We have been eating radishes from the garden for the past three weeks. They have been very tasty. I think they are done for now though. They are getting a bit woody. So I am going to pull the rest of them out and plant new seeds.

Calvin and I finally bought some tomato plants. We are going to plant them probably tonight. I do like a good tomato to just eat! 

The corn is growing well. Now that we finally got some sun, it should take off and get real tall. I can't wait to start picking it. I have four 50ft rows of sweet, candy corn. That is going to taste quite yummy on the barbecue.

I still have four more rows of vegetables to weed (out of 17 rows). The weeds just got out of hand with all of the rain we had been having. Now it's time to recover the vegetables and hope they make it! There are several insidious weeds growing in that garden that think they are going to take over. So between them and the wild blackberries I have my hands quite full.

I am finally beginning to heal from the quad accident. I am still sporting some good bruises on my left calf. It's sad that I can see the tire tread still. But I am thankful I was wearing my helmet and no bones were broken. 

I got a wonderful message on Face Book this week. It was from someone that I had helped some time ago. She is such a sweet person. I thank the Lord and give Him the glory because she and her husband are still together and serving Jesus with their whole hearts. She and her husband went through some really tough times and I am thankful that I was there to be of some support to her. But God gets all of the glory and praise, because He is the one that really brought them through it all. 

Sometimes when I look back at my past ministry, I wonder if the work I did, when it is eventually revealed by fire will end up being precious gems or if it will burned. (The biblical reference I am using here is found in I Corinthians 3:10-15.) I think that is something that anyone who has served the Lord in ministry questions. 

I am thankful though, that she felt the need to let me know she was thankful and how she and her husband were doing. The Lord has allowed me to see that what I did wasn't hay, wood or straw. He did that not so that I will be puffed up, but to encourage me in my walk with Him. I may not be "active" in a church at this time, but I still serve Him by staying in His word, praying, sharing with you, my dear family and friends, an encouraging word. I might not be traveling to other countries physically, or around this country, but I am able to "travel" through the internet and connect with you that way. Hmmm... I guess there is some good for the internet after all!

Well, now that I have babbled for a moment or two, I must close this post for the day. It's time for me to get ready for my other job. I do pray that you all will have a safe and blessed week-end. Please continue to remember me in your prayers and I will do the same for you. 

Until we meet again.....   

 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God... For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." I Corinthians 1:18 and 2:2




No comments:

Post a Comment